Serving Others - Beyond the Church Walls
Oasis – KCLC Outreach Ministry
“…for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.” Matthew 25:35-36 (NKJV)
As a means of practically fulfilling our vision, we are committed to creating an oasis of support for both believers and non-believers. The Oasis is the outreach arm of KCLC and is designed to reach out beyond the four walls of the church and truly demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ.
We are committed to providing the support and respect needed in as many areas of life as possible! Oasis currently serves in the following areas:
- Chapel Services: Volunteers run Christian non-denominational services.
- Group Discussions: Volunteers facilitate open discussions on a variety of topics.
- One-On-One’s: Upon request through the prison chaplain, volunteers can meet one-on-one with an inmate for discipleship reasons or simply to spend some time.
- Volunteer escorts the inmates from the institution to a church service or on home visits and takes them back.
- Volunteers connect with ex-offenders through dinners or other types of activities.
- Volunteers provide constant support to ex-offenders which evolves in the response to their changing needs.
- Volunteers visit the sick and shut-in to provide support and comfort.
- Scheduled community prayer walks
- Door to door evangelizing
- Street evangelizing
Future Oasis Ministry Endeavors:
Addictions & OCD’s (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Chronic alcohol and drug use
- Compulsive gambling & compulsive sexual behaviors
- Internet and cyber-sex addiction
- Eating Disorders
Mental Health Concerns
- Stress & Trauma
- Chronic mental illness, e.g. Bipolar Disorder and schizophrenia
- Psycho/social/physical challenges
- Family search and reconnect
Children & Parenting
- Single parenting
- Teen pregnancy
- Abuse and Neglect
- Education, Behavior and Learning Disabilities
- Blended/Step Families
- Children and Separation/Divorce
- Co-parenting after Separation or Divorce
Please contact us for more information.